Saturday, January 8, 2011
Chritianity and Climate Change?
I noticed an ad yesterday seeking papers for an upcoming conference entitled Religiion and Climate Change. This made me stop and wonder why people think that their religious beliefs gives them a unique insight into climate change? I was reading a book earlier this year that described Jerry Falwell and other Evangelical leaders advocating a certain position about the causes of climate change. Now, I have no problems with religious people having opinions about all sorts of things, but what I don't get is how it's tied to religion. Yes I am a Christian, and that informs a lot about how I see the world. However, it doesn't give me a lot of insight into the effect of different chemicals in the atmosphere and their sources. What is a uniquely Christian about our views on climate change? Does the Bible actually have anything to say on this matter? Really?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment